OUR CLASSIC TEQUILA TOUR
WITH A TASTE OF ADVENTURE!
JEEP ADVENTURE & TEQUILA TASTING
This is the perfect option for those wishing to combine their tequila learning & tasting experience with a little adventure. It preserves the essence of our original Tour, but with a different program.
Just as in our Original Tequila Tour, the tour includes a visit to a family-run distillery with a long standing tradition of producing artisanal tequilas. There you can learn all about the making process from start to finish in an interactive context and enjoy a tutored tasting of the premium line of the house.
We hop in a Jeep for a rugged off-road scenic ride through the family estate agave fields – prepare your camera for panoramic 360 degree views!
You will have plenty of opportunity to photograph the agave landscape, declared world patrimony by the UNESCO, both onboard and off board the Jeep as we will have time to wander through the fields.
This is a one-day trip and it includes the following:
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (only in Guadalajara, Zapopan and Tlaquepaque);
- Roundtrip transportation between Guadalajara and Tequila (see note);
- One hour (1h00) of rug off-road Jeep cruising through the family estate agave fields;
- Unparalleled views of the agave landscape and various photo opportunities;
- Visit of two (2) family-runned distilleries for a step by step explanation of tequila’s making process – from cooking to fermentation to distillation to bottling;
- Tutored tasting of blanco, reposado, añejo and extra-añejo tequilas;
- Lunch at the heart of the market (traditional Mexican Cuisine). Vegetarians are welcome - your request will be prepared at the moment;
- A stroll through the town of Tequila to visit its main attractions;
- More tequila tasting at traditional and boutique stores;
- Jose Cuervo Gift Shop;
- An entry at either the Sauza Los Abuelos Museum or the Tequila National Museum (subject to changing opening hours) to appreciate the evolution of the industry and deepen your knowledge;
- Guests must be able to sit uptight while traversing bumpy terrains;
- Rugged 4X4 tours are not recommended for persons with neck or back problems or pregnant women
- The trails can be dusty, we recommend wearing glasses instead of contacts.
IF IT RAINS?
There will be no cancellation! The Jeep is equipped with a plastic cover therefore you will be protected from the rain during the ride.
The weather conditions are outside of our control, therefore it is your responsibility to check the weather report for the morning of the tour and bring comfortable and appropriate outwear clothing.
Please note that the rainy season is roughly from June to October and that mornings are generally cool through November to January.